Hi Everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Welcome back to another blog. Today we will talk about the Upgradation of Federal Government Employees 2023. The Prime Minister of Pakistan has approved the Federal Government employee’s upgradation notification for 2023. The upgradation will apply to all technical and non-technical employees from BPS-01 to BPS-16. The upgradation will be similar to the one implemented in KPK, and it will provide eligible employees with one or two-scale upgradation.
Latest Update- On February 14th, 2023, the Federal government issued a notification to upgrade and provide time-scale promotions for civil servants who are working in grades BPS-01 to BPS-16.
Upgradation of Federal Government Employees 2023 Notification
- The Prime Minister has approved a special dispensation for civil servants (BPS-1 to BPS-15) in the Federal Government.
- The dispensation includes granting two higher pay scales to BPS-01 to BPS-05 incumbents who have not availed of the time scale under the Time Scale policy-2022.
- Granting one higher pay scale as a one-time dispensation to BPS-01 to BPS-05 incumbents who have availed of the time scale.
- Grant of the next higher scale as a one-time dispensation will be given to BPS-06 to BPS-15 incumbents who have not availed of the time scale.
- Those who have already availed the time scale benefit in BPS-06 to BPS-15 will get only one extra increment in their current pay scale.
- Employees in BPS-16 will be granted one additional increment as a one-time dispensation.
- The post of Lower Division Clerk will be upgraded from BPS-09 to BPS-11 and Upper Division Clerk from BPS-11 to BPS-13, and the recruitment rules will be amended accordingly.
- Only Civil Servants of the Federal Government who are in BPS-01 to BPS-16 and are in receipt of Disparity Reduction Allowances are eligible.
- Those currently drawing the pay of BPS-17 are not eligible.
- Those who avail benefits under this dispensation will lose the chance of receiving a higher Time Scale under Time Scale Policy-2022.
- The posts of LDC/UDC will be upgraded.
- No premature increment will be given on a grant of a higher pay scale under this dispensation.
- The beneficiary will continue to draw allowances, perks, and privileges sanctioned for their substantive pay scale.
- LDCs and UDCs whose posts have already been upgraded are exempted from certain conditions.
Prime Minister’s Observations
On 9th February 2023, the Prime Minister’s Office issued a notification regarding a special dispensation for civil servants in the Federal Secretariat employed in BS-01 to BS-16.
- The payment of different allowances to employees holding ministerial posts in various offices should not create inconsistencies in their service structure.
- The Disparity Reduction Allowance granted to Federal Secretariat employees was not provided to employees of Offices mentioned in para 15 of the summary.
- Denying the benefit of changes in service structure to these office employees may put them in a disadvantageous position.
- Challenging any discrimination in employee service structure under section 3 of the Civil Servants Act, 1973, is possible in court.
As a result, the Prime Minister has reiterated his previous orders mentioned in para 15 of the summary.
The PM of Pakistan approved pay-scale upgradation for Federal Govt employees. BPS-01 to BPS-05 employees to receive 2 pay-scale upgrades. BPS-06 to BPS-15 employees to receive 1 scale increase. Upgradation applies to both technical and non-technical employees.
|BPS-01 to BPS-05||Two Pay Scale|
|BPS-06 to BPS-15||One Pay Scale|
The Federal Government has approved the upgradation of the Lower Division Clerk (LDC) from BSP-09 to BPS-11 and Upper Division Clerk (UDC) from BSP-11 to BPS-14. AGEGA (All Government Employees Grand Alliance) committed the government to take this initiative.
The government will upgrade Grade-1 to Grade-5 employees by two pay scales and Grade-6 to Grade-15 employees by one scale. BPS-16 employees will receive one increment.
Defense Force personnel and PM Office employees who have already received Disparity Allowance will not qualify for the degradation. The upgradation is only applicable to Federal Government employees across Pakistan, excluding those in BPS-17 to BPS-22.
|PM Office Website||Check Online|
|Our Home Page||Home Page|