Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Welcome back to another blog. Today we will talk about the revised Pakistan New Visa 2023. In this article, we will come across the requirements, procedures, and types of different Pakistan visas types on the basis of the purpose of your visit.
Pakistan New Visa
On October 18th, 2019, the Ministry of Interior of the Government of Pakistan issued an official notification regarding the revision of the country’s visa policy for 2023. This revision follows a previous letter from the ministry on September 12th, 2019, and the enclosed document provides details on the updated policy for action as needed.
Foreign nationals from 190 countries on List-A are eligible to apply for a visit/tourist visa with double entries, valid for three months stay, at Pakistan’s foreign missions.
American citizens are eligible to receive multiple-entry visas with a maximum stay of three months from Pakistan missions located outside the country for a period of up to five years.
Citizens of 175 countries will soon be eligible to apply for an E-Visa, which will now include an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for easier travel processing.
Pakistan missions abroad aim to process applications within 7 to 10 working days.
Two countries, India and Somalia, have been included in List B while Armenia, Israel, and Taiwan have not been placed on any list. A separate visa policy will be issued for Afghanistan.
Visa on Arrival
Individual tourists and group tourists will be granted a visa on arrival in 50 countries according to the following information:
- Nationals from Bahrain, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and the UAE will be granted a 30-day multiple-entry visa upon arrival in Pakistan.
- Foreign nationals of Indian origin may also avail of Visa on Arrival for religious tourism.
- The Visa on Arrival system will be improved with an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for those who apply/intimate prior to 48-72 hours.
- The Directorate of Tourist Services (DTS) has approved tour operators to bring tourist groups to Pakistan, and all Qatari passport holders, including diplomatic and ordinary passports
- They will be provided with a free Visa on Arrival facility with single or multiple entries for 30 days, extendable by another 30 days.
- The passport must be valid for at least six months, a confirmed return ticket must be presented, and cash equivalent to US $1500 or a valid credit card must be shown.
Family Visit Visa
Foreigners of Pakistani origin and their foreign spouses can obtain a multiple-entry visa with a five-year validity and one-year stay by applying to Pakistan’s foreign missions. The visa processing time is 7-10 working days.
Business Visa List (BVL)
Missions can issue multiple business visas to eligible businessmen from 95 BVL countries within 24 hours. To be eligible, the businessmen must provide a recommendation letter from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of their respective foreign country, an invitation letter from a business organization recommended by the concerned Trade Organization, or a recommendation letter from Honorary BOI/Commercial attaché. Alternatively, businessmen can also receive a visa-on-arrival for 30 days upon producing any of the aforementioned documents. The multiple business visa is valid for 5 years and will be granted within 24 hours upon the provision of the required documents.
Pakistan’s Board of Investment (BOI) recommends foreign expatriates for work visas that are authorized by Pakistan’s Missions abroad. These visas are valid for one year with multiple entries and can be extended annually while in Pakistan. A security clearance is mandatory and must be provided by security agencies within four weeks.
Diplomatic And Official Visa
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is responsible for issuing gratis visas and accreditation cards to foreign diplomats for the duration of their official assignment in Pakistan. Only authorized diplomatic visa slots will be granted, and security clearance will be required for additional slots. Diplomatic visas will be processed within one week.
Indian journalists are an exception and require approval from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting if they want to travel to other cities. If a journalist is not on the negative list, the mission will grant a three-month multiple-entry visa for Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting will provide a list of journalists for extension or long-term visas, and security agencies must provide clearance within four weeks.
Visas With Approval of The Interior Ministry
|Tabligh Visa||45 Days|
|Missionary Visa||1 Year with two re-entries. Extendable in Pakistan.|
|House Maid Work Visa||Renamed as Domestic-Aide Visa. One year with two re-entries|
|INGO Visa||3 Months|
Foreign students can obtain a two-year study visa in Pakistan from authorized missions abroad after obtaining NOC from relevant ministries and obtaining clearance from security agencies.
Grant of Visas For The Republic of Korean Nationals
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be responsible for regulating the granting of visas to all nationals of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) under the existing sanctions regime and relevant SROs.
E-VISA Web Address
Copy forwarded for information and further necessary action to:-
- Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad
- Secretary, Ministry of Commerce, Islamabad.
- Secretary, Ministry of Defence, Rawalpindi.
- Secretary, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Islamabad
- Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Sports, and Culture, Islamabad.
- Secretary, Ministry of Religious Affairs, Islamabad
- Secretary, Industries, Production & Special Initiatives, Islamabad
- Secretary, Board of Investment, Islamabad.
- Director General (P), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad
- DG (ISO, Islamabad
- DG (16), Islamabad
- Director General, Federal Investigation Agency, Islamabad.
- DG Civil Aviation Authority, Islamabad
- Chairman, Export Promotion Bureau, Karachi
- Chairman, PIA, Karachi
- PS to Minister of State for Interior
- PS to Secretary of Interior
- Additional Secretary-III, MOI
- Joint Secretary, (P/FIA) MOI, Islamabad
- Section Officer (PE-I) MOI, Islamabad
- Section Officer (PE-II) MOI, Islamabad
- Section Officer (PE-Ill) MOI, Islamabad
- System Analyst, MOI with the request to update the website of MOI
FOR MORE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE.