Hi Everyone! Hope you are all doing well. Welcome back to another blog. If you are a Punjab government employee, then this article is for you, because in this article I will tell you about the New Salary Scale for Punjab Government Employees in 2023. So, read the whole article carefully and get all the details related to this revised payscale notification.
On 21st July 2022, the Finance Department of the Punjab Government issued the latest notification regarding the revision of the Punjab pay scales chart 2023 with annual increments and ad-hoc allowances, etc. The revision of Basic Pay Scales & Allowances has been sanctioned w.e.f. 1st July 2022 for the Civil Servants of the Punjab Government by the Governor of Punjab. The notification provides detailed information regarding the revised pay scales and allowances.
New Salary Scale for Punjab Government Employees Revision
This notification states that the Basic Pay Scales – 2022 will come into effect from 01-07-2022 and will replace the Basic Pay Scales – 2017. The details regarding the new Basic Pay Scales – 2022 can be found in Annexure-l of this notification.
Are You Looking For Latest News Click Here
Existing Employees Pay Fixation
- The employer will fix the basic pay of the existing employees who were in service on 30-06-2022.
- They will fix the basic pay in the Basic Pay Scale – 2022 on a point-to-point basis.
- The basic pay will be fixed at the stage corresponding to that occupied by the employee above the minimum of Basic Pay Scales – 2017.
- If an employee is drawing Personal Pay as part of their basic pay beyond the maximum of their pay scale on 30-06-2022, they will continue to draw such pay in the Basic Pay Scales – 2022 at the revised rates.
Pay Fixation for Promoted Employees
The department shall fix and enhance the pay of employees who were promoted from lower to higher posts/scales before the introduction of these scales. The enhanced pay shall not be less than the amount that would have been given if the promotion took place after the introduction of these scales.
Also, check: Upcoming PPSC Jobs 2023
Employees shall continue to receive an annual increment on the 1st of December each year, subject to the existing conditions.
From 01-07-2022, the Adhoc Relief Allowances granted on 01-07-2016, 01-07-2017, 01-07-2018, 01-07-2019, and 01-07-2021 shall cease to exist upon the introduction of BPS-2022.
|S.No||Name of Ad-hoc Relief Allowance||Admissible Rates|
|i||Adhoc Relief Allowance-2016 (01-07-2016)||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2016|
|ii||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2017 (01-07-2017)||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2017|
|iii||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2018 (01-07-2018)||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2017|
|iv||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2019 (01-07-2019)||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2017 (BPS 1-16) and 5% of the basic pay on BPS 2017 (BPS 17-20).|
|v||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2021 (01-07-2021)||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2017|
Ad-hoc Relief Allowance
- The Provincial Government will allow civil servants including contingent paid staff and contract employees employed against civil posts in Basic Pay Scales to receive an Adhoc Relief Allowance 2022 at 15% of their running basic pay from 07-07-2022 onwards. The allowance will be frozen at the same level until further notice.
- New entrants will be granted an Adhoc Relief Allowance 2022 at 15% of the minimum relevant basic pay of BPS-2017 on a notional basis from 01-07-2022 onwards. This too will be frozen at the same level until further orders.
- The Income Tax will be applicable to the Adhoc Relief Allowance.
- Employees will receive the Adhoc Relief Allowance during their leave and the entire period of LPR except during extraordinary leave.
- The Adhoc Relief Allowance will not be included as part of emoluments for the purpose of calculating Pension/Gratuity or the recovery of House Rent.
- Employees will not receive the Adhoc Relief Allowance during the tenure of their posting/deputation abroad.
- On repatriation from posting/deputation abroad, employees will receive the Adhoc Relief Allowance at the rate and amount which would have been admissible to them if they had not been posted abroad.
- Employees will receive the Adhoc Relief Allowance during the period of suspension.
- The term “Basic Pay” will include the amount of Personal Pay granted on account of the annual increment(s) beyond the maximum of the existing pay scales.
Also, check: Ufone Sim Number Check Code 2023
Special Pay and Allowances
All Provincial Government employees, including those in BPS-1-22 of Judiciary, will face a freeze in all Special Pays, Special Allowances, or Allowances admissible as a percentage of pay equal to or more than one-month basic pay, irrespective of their posting in all Administrative Departments/Attached Departments/Autonomous Bodies/Offices, etc.
This freeze will be effective from 30.06.2022, and the level of admissibility as of this date shall be maintained.
- The Punjab Government will issue a notification requiring all existing civil servants (BS-1 to 22) to exercise an option in writing within 30 days. They must communicate their option to the Accountant General, Punjab / District Accounts Office/ DDO concerned, as the case may be, either to continue drawing salary in the Basic Pay Scales-2017 or in the Basic Pay Scales-2022 as specified in the Notification. The option once exercised shall be considered final.
- Employees who do not exercise and communicate their options within the specified time limit will be deemed to have opted for the Scheme of Basic Pay Scales-2022. The Scheme will modify all existing rules/orders on the subject to the extent indicated above. All existing rules/orders, not so modified, will continue to be in force under this scheme.
BPS of Civil Servants
|Basic Pay Scales-2017||Stages||Basic Pay Scales-2023|
The Finance Department of the Punjab Government (Regulation Wing) has constituted a Grievance Redressal Committee to address any anomalies that may arise during the implementation of the Basic Pay Scales – 2022.
FOR MORE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE.