Huge Mobile Phone Production In Early 2023 | 3.44 Million

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Welcome back to another blog. This article will discuss the topic in detail “Huge Mobile Phone Production In Early 2023”. Local manufacturing plants in the region showcased their impressive production capabilities by successfully manufacturing. And assembling 3.44 million mobile handsets during the first four months of 2023 (January-April).

In contrast, the number of imported commercially available handsets during the same period was only 0.3 million. It is highlighting a significant disparity in the market.  In April 2023, local manufacturing plants continued their remarkable performance by assembling an additional 0.63 million mobile handsets. Comparatively, the number of imported commercially available handsets during the same month was a mere 0.03 million units. Further emphasizing the dominant role of local manufacturing in meeting consumer demand.

However, when comparing the overall production figures, a decline is evident. In the year 2022, local manufacturing plants in Pakistan achieved a remarkable feat by producing 21.94 million mobile handsets. This highlights their impressive capabilities and expertise in the industry. Nevertheless, this figure marked a slight decrease when compared to the previous year’s production of 24.66 million units in 2021. The decline in production can be attributed to challenges faced in the import sector. Particularly the restrictions imposed on opening letters of credit (LCs).

Despite the decline, local manufacturing plants remain a vital force in the mobile handset market. They are showcasing their ability to adapt to various challenges and meet the ever-growing consumer demand.

According to the latest report from the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), the calendar year 2022 witnessed a significant surge in the assembly of mobile handsets. With an impressive count of approximately 21.94 million units. In contrast, the number of commercially imported phone handsets stood at a comparatively modest 1.53 million. Among the locally manufactured or assembled mobile phones, a total of 3.44 million units were produced, comprising 2.79 million 2G phones and 0.65 million smartphones.

See also  My Ufone App: A Rewarding Experience for Users

The PTA data also shed light on the composition of mobile devices on the Pakistan network. Out of the total mobile devices, a notable 56 percent were smartphones, while the remaining 44 percent were 2G phones. This highlights the growing popularity and adoption of smartphones within the country.

However, the import statistics present a contrasting picture. Mobile phone imports in Pakistan saw a significant decline, with a total worth of $473.287 million during the first 10 months of the fiscal year 2022-23. This represents a substantial negative growth of 73.84 percent compared to the previous year’s corresponding period, where imports amounted to $1.809 billion.

The decline can be attributed to factors such as local manufacturing initiatives, market dynamics, and evolving consumer preferences. Domestic production of mobile handsets is gaining momentum, reducing reliance on imports and promoting self-sufficiency in Pakistan’s mobile phone industry. In April 2023, mobile phone imports in Pakistan experienced a significant decline of 28.69 percent on a month-on-month basis.

The total value of imports in April was $10.587 million, significantly lower than the previous month’s figure of $14.846 million in March 2023. The year-on-year analysis for April 2023 showed a negative growth rate of 95.03 percent compared to the same period the previous year. These figures indicate a significant downturn in mobile phone imports, suggesting potential changes in consumer behavior, market dynamics, or regulatory factors affecting the industry in Pakistan.


Leave a Comment